The ceramic slurry goes inside the double shaft mixer installed in the extruder, the mixing blades with effect “blade against blade” make the first homogenization of the ceramic material and of the added vapor (optional). Later, a low pressure pressing is performed through two synchronized spirals operating against a grill. It produces pellets which are cut by the cutting stars. Through this process we get to increase the specific surface getting an almost perfect degassed. These pellets are inserted in the central spiral through the blades. The big sizes of the vacuum chamber keep the slurry depression at constant values. The spiral pressure is focused in a cylinder where blades are mounted, increasing the volumetric efficiency of the process, avoiding the heating. Finally the slurry arrives to the funnel where the flow pressure is uniformed.
Self-supporting frame, double shaft mixer-extruder, double vacuum chamber with high measures, extrusion body, synchronized geared motor of high torque.
- We have different spiral geometries to get the maximum efficiency with each type of clay.
- Wear components easily changeable and constructed in wear resistant steel.
- All components are constructed with Computer Numerical Control technology.
- All cinematic chain of the extruder is driven through only one motor.
- Highly rigid structure built in electro welded Steel of high elastic limit to support the overloads.
- The gearbox is separated to the operation zone of the slurry to avoid premature breakage of the bearings and gears.